This page will be updated here and there as I have time to enter more studies. If you have a study you want listed here, please provide at least a link to the study in the comments. If you can't find a link to a free full study, a link to an abstract is fine.
Number of studies on this page: 13
See Neurological Disorders.
Anti-inflammation and anti-oxidation
- Booz, G. W. (2011). Cannabidiol as an Emergent Therapeutic Strategy for Lessening the Impact of Inflammation on Oxidative Stress. Free Radical Biology & Medicine, 51(5), 1054–1061. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2011.01.007. Link to NIH abstract. Full EPUB and PDF also available.
- Klein TW, Newton CA. Therapeutic potential of cannabinoid-based drugs. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007;601:395-413. Review. PubMed PMID: 17713029. "...preclinical data with cannabinoid-based drugs suggest efficacy in other inflammatory diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease, Alzheimer's disease, atherosclerosis, and osteoporosis." Link to NIH abstract.
See Neurological Disorders.
Diabetes and related complications
- Horváth, B., Mukhopadhyay, P., Haskó, G., & Pacher, P. (2012). The Endocannabinoid System and Plant-Derived Cannabinoids in Diabetes and Diabetic Complications. The American Journal of Pathology, 180(2), 432–442. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajpath.2011.11.003. "...experimental evidence and clinical trials have clearly shown that ECS plays a key role in the development of primary diabetes and various diabetic complications" Link to NIH abstract. Full EPUB and PDF available.
- Devinsky, O., Cilio, M. R., Cross, H., Fernandez-Ruiz, J., French, J., Hill, C., … Friedman, D. (2014). Cannabidiol: Pharmacology and potential therapeutic role in epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders. Epilepsia, 55(6), 791–802. http://doi.org/10.1111/epi.12631."CBD bears investigation in epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders, including anxiety, schizophrenia, addiction and neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy." Link to NIH abstract. Full EPUB and PDF also available.
- Filloux, F. M. (2015). Cannabinoids for pediatric epilepsy? Up in smoke or real science? Translational Pediatrics, 4(4), 271–282. http://doi.org/10.3978/j.issn.2224-4336.2015.10.03. "At present, high quality medical evidence supporting the use of these agents in most of these conditions remains modest at best." Link to NIH abstract. Full EPUB and PDF available.
- Porter, B. E., & Jacobson, C. (2013). Report of a parent survey of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy. Epilepsy & Behavior : E&B, 29(3), 574–577. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2013.08.037. "Sixteen (84%) of the 19 parents reported a reduction in their child’s seizure frequency while taking cannabidiol-enriched cannabis." Link to NIH abstract. Full EPUB and PDF available.
Liver toxicity, helps
- Vilela, L. R., Gomides, L. F., David, B. A., Antunes, M. M., Diniz, A. B., Moreira, F. de A., & Menezes, G. B. (2015). Cannabidiol Rescues Acute Hepatic Toxicity and Seizure Induced by Cocaine. Mediators of Inflammation, 2015, 523418. http://doi.org/10.1155/2015/523418. Link to NIH abstract. Full EPUB and PDF also available.
- Croxford JL. Therapeutic potential of cannabinoids in CNS disease. CNS Drugs. 2003;17(3):179-202. Review. PubMed PMID: 12617697. Link to NIH abstract.
- Silveira, J. W., Issy, A. C., Castania, V. A., Salmon, C. E. G., Nogueira-Barbosa, M. H., Guimarães, F. S., … Bel, E. D. (2014). Protective Effects of Cannabidiol on Lesion-Induced Intervertebral Disc Degeneration. PLoS ONE, 9(12), e113161. http://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0113161. Link to NIH abstract. Full EPUB and PDF also available.
Neurological and nervous system disorders
- Dirikoc S, Priola SA, Marella M, Zsürger N, Chabry J. Nonpsychoactive cannabidiol prevents prion accumulation and protects neurons against prion toxicity. J Neurosci. 2007 Sep 5;27(36):9537-44. PubMed PMID: 17804615. "When combined with its ability to target the brain and its lack of toxic side effects, CBD may represent a promising new anti-prion drug. In N2asc+ and Rov9sc+ cells, the level of PrPres accumulation was drastically reduced in the presence of CBD as estimated by Western blot analysis." Link to abstract. Full study here. Keywords: CJD.
- Fernández-Ruiz, J., Sagredo, O., Pazos, M. R., García, C., Pertwee, R., Mechoulam, R., & Martínez-Orgado, J. (2013). Cannabidiol for neurodegenerative disorders: important new clinical applications for this phytocannabinoid? British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 75(2), 323–333. http://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04341.x. Link to NIH abstract. Full EPUB and PDF available.
- Kozela, E., Lev, N., Kaushansky, N., Eilam, R., Rimmerman, N., Levy, R., … Vogel, Z. (2011). Cannabidiol inhibits pathogenic T cells, decreases spinal microglial activation and ameliorates multiple sclerosis-like disease in C57BL/6 mice. British Journal of Pharmacology, 163(7), 1507–1519. http://doi.org/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01379.x. Link to NIH abstract. Full EPUB and PDF available.
- Campos, A. C., Moreira, F. A., Gomes, F. V., Del Bel, E. A., & Guimarães, F. S. (2012). Multiple mechanisms involved in the large-spectrum therapeutic potential of cannabidiol in psychiatric disorders. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 367(1607), 3364–3378. http://doi.org/10.1098/rstb.2011.0389. "It is now clear that CBD has therapeutic potential over a wide range of non-psychiatric and psychiatric disorders such as anxiety, depression and psychosis." Link to Abstract at NIH. Full EPUB and PDF also available.
NIH search for CBD.