- They are 80,000 times thinner than a human hair. I wonder if they could be made flexible.
- One billion nanoholes could fit on a postage stamp.
- Recharges thousands of times. (Not likely, current batteries don't even do that.)
- It could take 3-5 years to commercialize this product.
- These batteries have the potential to triple a cell phone's battery life and give electric vehicles a 300-mile driving range.
- It took two decades to bring the initial lithium-ion battery to the market.
National Geographic, 2014.
Follow NatGeoGreen on Twitter.