- 16 minutes of battery life. (Not bad for a drone this size.)
- 12 megapixel camera (12 million pixels).
- HD 720p real-time Wi-Fi transmits video 2km away.
- Intuitive gesture controls so you can fly it without using a controller or smart phone. (I assume the camera would have to be looking at the user for this to work.)
- Built-in motion tracking to keep important people or objects in frame.
- VPS range: 30m
- Transmission range: 2km (1.2 miles)
- Speed: 50km/h.
- 2 axis gimbal
- Requires smart phone to control:
- First person view: YES. Supports DJI goggles.
- Return home function: YES.
- Quickshot modes for making videos. DRONIE: drone watches target and flies up and backwards. ROCKET: Drone points camera down and flies straight up. CIRCLE: circle around your target. HELIX: fly upward circling around your target.
- TRACE: follow your subject from front or behind or circle around it.
- PROFILE: follow subject from a fixed perspective.
But this drone is not for beginners. The Mavic Pro is $1000 and is the next smallest drone.
To be released June 15, 2017.
Popular Mechanics. May 24, 2017.