Crop dessication: "Pre-harvest crop desiccation (also siccation ) refers to the application of a herbicide to a crop shortly before harvest. Herbicides used include glyphosate, diquat and glufosinate."
Glyphosate sometimes sprayed on wheat before harvest.
Oats, wheat, and flax are sprayed with Roundup. (I don't have evidence that Roundup causes cancer but this article shows what is being sprayed with Roundup. Rules will vary by country so different crops will be sprayed with Roundup.)
Anecdotal evidence: People who are intolerant to gluten in the US can go to Europe and eat bread with no problems, the rules regarding pesticides are more strict in Europe.
- Glyphosate residues regularly found in bread. HCGA 2008 report. PDF.
- FDA finds baby food contains glyphosate. (After years of pressure the FDA finally decided to start testing foods for glyphosate and they found it.)
- Glyphosate found in 11 of 24 breakfast foods.
- Norwegian study finds more glyphosate in foods.
- Glyphosate found in 51 streams. If it's in the streams, it can easily get into food plants. Some farms get their water from streams.
- Glyphosate found in wines that weren't even sprayed!
- 60% of bread in the UK found to contain pesticides. (2014, PDF from PAN.)
If pesticides are so safe why are biotech companies so against labeling foods? And why do biotech hide studies about glyphosate? Actions speak louder than words.
Human urine contains glyphosate
Glyphosate found in urine of ALL people studied. German study.
93% of people tested have glyphosate in their urine. "93% of the urine tested by the University of California San Francisco lab tested positive for glyphosate residues. No glyphosate was found in the tap water samples."