- Magnesium helps regulate 300 enzyme systems in the body.
- One thing it's required for is energy and bone production.
- It plays a part in nerve impulses, muscle contraction, and normal heart rhythm.
- People with gastrointestinal diseases (Crohn's, Celiac, possible food allergies)
- People with type 2 diabetes.
- Older adults, as they seem to eat fewer magnesium-rich foods.
Magnesium has something to do with regulating the hunger response. I used to get sudden hunger as if my blood sugar dropped off a cliff, and I'd get pretty hangry. Now that I'm taking magnesium every morning, that has stopped. In fact, in my 36 hour fast the other day I felt hungry, but fantastic, and not hangry.If you're getting sudden hunger but you have tested your blood sugar (as I did) and it's normal, try taking magnesium each day.