- How many computer systems will need to be updated to track the size of each and every drink?
- Does this count coffee drinks, which are also loaded with sugar?
- Does this count frozen drinks like slurpees?
- Does this count sweet tea? It also has a lot of sugar.
- Does it count sports drinks, energy drinks? They also have lots of sugar.
For a 32oz Big Gulp the sugar tax (excluding sales tax) is 48 cents. Berkeley, CA was the first to pass a sugary drink tax. I can see many industries pushing back against this.